Tuition and Fees
Please note: All prices are in US Dollars
The tuition for Heller High, including roundtrip international airfare between New York and Israel, is $19,485*. Without airfare, the tuition is $18,210* (students may choose to travel with the group on international flights using frequent flyer miles).
Thanks to a generous scholarship endowment from the Heller family, we can now offer scholarship support that could cover close to 40-50% of the cost of tuition.
Students can also receive financial assistance from their local synagogues and community federations. Interested applicants should complete the Heller High scholarship application. For more information about scholarships, please visit our financial aid page.
*Please note that this price is subject to change.
- Round-trip airfare
- Room and Board
- 26 field trips
- Pilgrimage to Poland (including airfare, room and board, and ground travel)
- Medical Insurance (except for pre-existing conditions)
- Take a look at our 'Heller High (formerly NFTY-EIE) At a Glance' page for more information about what you can expect during your 4 months in Israel
- Domestic airfare to/from get to NY JFK airport
- Second checked bag, maximum 50 lbs.
- Spending money
- Laundry: students typically have their laundry done every other week. The cost will be approximately $12 per week for roughly 11 pounds of laundry.
- Cell phone rental
- $125 to have upon arrival in Israel
- $50.00 for the security deposit which will be refunded on the last day of the program if there is no damage to the dorm room or outstanding charges. Most students have this extra cash on hand for their trip home.
- $75.00 for the group kupah (fund) for parties, birthday celebrations, group t-shirt etc.
- One-on-one private instruction for academic courses not generally offered. Fees* for private courses NOT listed on the Study Authorization are as follows: AP Courses (meet 4 x per week) - $1,500, Regular or Honors Courses (meet 3 x per week) - $1,200
- *Fees will be split if more than one student is enrolled in a private class
- Private tutoring needed in a specific subject area (above and beyond what our teachers provide for no extra fee)
- Standardized testing fees
- Textbooks for private courses and AP study guides