by NFTY-EIE High School in Israel, Fall 2012
Today we land in Israel! 21 strangers, from 7 URJ Camps and 13 NFTY Regions, will spend the next 4 months living and learning in Israel. And we could not be more excited! Here are 10 reason we can’t wait to start our semester in the Holy Land:
1o. Independence. We get to experience dorm life before we ever leave for college.
9. School can be cool. We will be getting a learning experience that is focused on each student as an individual. From AP Chemistry to Mandarin Chinese, EIE makes sure everyone gets the classes they need.
8. People like me. We live all across North America but share a desire to deepen our knowledge of the land and people of Israel.
7. An intensive Hebrew Ulpan. With over 100 class room hours, Hebrew levels are sure to improve.
6. Challenges. But is going to be a hard, exhausting, exhilarating ride and we are so excited to grow and become stronger physically and emotionally.
4. Israel in depth. We are so excited to have the opportunity to actually live in Israel, not just tour it.
3. BFFs. We can’t wait to make long lasting friendships and inseparable bonds.
2. Knowledge. We are really looking forward to being immersed in our culture, our heritage and our history.
1. This is the opportunity of a lifetime! We will return home better students and better people.